So I started testing some Lantiq routers, one of them is ARV7519RW22.
While ARV7519RW22 is a quite capable router, I started building firmwares for front-facing routers with just the essentials while enabling hardening options at compile time.
This builds have:
* Stack-Smashing Protection enabled (strong)
* Buffer-overflows detection enabled (aggressive)
* RELRO protection enabled (full)
* a few security tweaks here and there
* FPU Emulation enabled
* Dnsmasq with full support (DNSSec)
* LuCi (English & Spanish)
* LuCi QoS
* Wifi drivers for Wifi USB dongles (only those supporting N mode: kmod-ath9k-htc, kmod-brcmfmac, kmod-carl9170, kmod-mt7601u, kmod-rt2800-usb, kmod-rtl8192cu)
- r412 (May-26-2016)