I had it almost ready when I stumbled around Danitool patch in Trunk. So, the wise thing to do is just backport it to OpenWrt 15.05 (Chaos Calmer).
These commands would suffice to apply the patch and rebuild it yourself
git clone git://git.openwrt.org/15.05/openwrt.git cd openwrt git apply nucom06.gitdiff
The weird thing I noticed is one of the two routers gave me a ton of SquashFS read/write errors. I spent many hours trying to figure out the issue until I stumbled around this forum post. It was the CFE (bootloader). I replaced it with Danitool's newer CFE build and everything worked afterwards.
I compiled many revisions and here I share the last one I made.
Built from OpenWrt 15.05 r48666 (Feb 8, 2016) with the following:
- Hardening options turned on mainly:
- GCC format-security
- Regular User+Kernel space Stack-Smashing Protection
- Aggressive buffer-overflows detection
- Full RELRO protection
- Regular Stack Protector buffer overflow detection
- LuCi with SSL support
- Full 3G/4G usb modems support
- WiFi N capable usb dongle support (Atheros/Ralink/Broadcom/Realtek)
- Samba / Transmission (torrent) / Vsftpd-tls
- QoS / VnStat / WonderShaper / DDNS / RelayD
- OpenVPN / SSH Tunnel
- Ext4 / FAT32 / NTFS 3g support + utilities
- Dnsmasq with full support (DHCPv6 / DNSSec / Autho DNS / IPSet) + DNSCrypt
- Richer Busybox
- TCPDump / NMAP / NCat / cURL / wget all with SSL support
- picocom + X/Y/Z-modem support + USB FTDI support
- iperf / iftop / tmux
- some tweaks in /etc/rc.local to harden TCP/IP stack
- OpenWrt 15.05 r48666 with everything mentioned above.
- OpenWrt 15.05 r48666 with everything mentioned above except that it comes with LuCi instead of LuCi-SSL.
- OpenWrt 15.05 r48666 with 3G/4G support + RelayD + OpenVPN + VnStat + QoS + wShaper + DDNS.
Keep on hacking ;-)